6th Virtual Winter School for Computational Chemistry (17-20 February 2020)
NEW this year: Virtual School on Human dimensions of Science (25-26 February 2020)
Registration is now open and is free for all participants. The conference talks will be held live online using conferencing software. More details and registration information can be found on the conference website.
- Mercedes Alonso (Free University Brussels, Belgium)
- Diego Andrada (Saarland University, Germany)
- Evert Jan Baerends (VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Claudia Draxl (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany)
- Lars Goerigk (University of Melbourne, Australia)
- Fedor Goumans (SCM, The Netherlands)
- Sharon Hammes-Schiffer (Yale University, USA)
- Trygve Helgaker (University of Oslo, Norway)
- Jeffrey Kovac (University of Tennessee, USA)
- Neepa Maitra (Rutgers University, Newark, USA)
- Areski Nait Abdallah (The University of Western Ontario, Canada)
- Das Pemmaraju (SLAC, Stanford University, UK)
- Michael Römelt (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany)
- H. Bernhard Schlegel (Wayne State University, USA)
- Peter Schwerdtfeger (Massey University Auckland, New Zealand)
- Gemma C. Solomon (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Steve Turner (University of New Brunswick, Canada)
- Anatole von Lilienfeld (Universität Basel, Switzerland)
The conference will cover a broad range of topics in computational and theoretical chemistry, including wavefunction-based methods, DFT and various applications. The aim of the Winterschool is to combine tutorial-style lectures with the latest research results and increase the accessibility of scientific research to all scientists, regardless of their situation. There will be an online forum for discussion and the opportunity for early career scientists to present their work in the form of Single Figure Presentations.
This year's edition of the conference will also feature a workshop on the ADF software www.scm.com on February 20th.
Discussion sessions will be planned during the meeting, giving participants a chance to ask and discuss various scientific questions raised during the school.
Please visit the conference website: www.winterschool.cc